Monday, November 9, 2009

Setting a Schedule

I did a lot of thinking about what kind of schedule to set for this project. There's no set end point, since it's an ongoing thing, so there's no "At the end of the year I have to have done xyz." I sort of wish there were, honestly. Instead, I'm going to try to set a rough schedule for each writer when I start with him or her.

It's tempting to say "a book a week" or something, but books vary wildly in length, and I know if I tried to do a book a week I'd never end up reading, say, Tolstoy. And we don't want that. So I'm going to assume about 50 pages a day and assign a number of days to each book that way. This should be tough but not unattainable.

And what happens if I fall behind schedule? Well - nothing. This is supposed to be fun, remember?

No comments:

Post a Comment