Monday, November 9, 2009

The Rules

1. I will select one writer at a time and read through all of his or her major works. How am I defining "major"? I don't know. However I want, I guess. I will also read at least one piece of criticism (an essay or article, most likely), as long as I can find one reasonably easily.

2. If I get particularly into a particular author, I may or may not read minor works, journals/letters, more criticism, biographies, etc. Same with film adaptations.

3. If I've already read something by an author, I will probably reread it, but I'm not making any promises.

4. I will read at least a few pages and blog at least a line or two about my progress at least six days a week. I will write a substantive post at least once a week.

5. I reserve the right to break any of these rules as needed, because this is supposed to be fun, darn it.

No comments:

Post a Comment